Sunday, December 10, 2006

Mike and Christine

In a vane attempt to increase my blog statistics (I don't even have a proper way to check statistics), let's lighten things up abit. I am going to blog about Mike and Christine. (arhhh) She just came here from the USA, already engaged to Mike as you all know. (double arhhh) I saw her in real life at my church, and even touched her to make sure she was real and not just a hologram off the internet. She is nice of course, and Mike is really sweet too :) I should put a link to Christines blog, for what reason I don't know, except to say I have read half of it. More from them later.

Some people don't like the carpet at our church, as you can see. So we have decided to change venue.

But equally as important, I talked to Paul Chew who just came back from 4 years at Moore Theological College. He used to be a member of Crossroads (my church) but will now be ordained into the Anglican church here in Hobart which is good news.

Des Smith is about to leave for Moore College, but will first do stand up comedy at the New Sydney on wednesday. He has a few gigs over summer in Hobart still.

3 Comments:

Blogger Radagast said...

Don't like the carpet?

It's historic!

I remember it from 20 years ago, when the building was a cinema...

11 December, 2006 11:49  
Blogger Keziah said...

Lovely story, but terrible carpet!! Knowing now that your church used to be a cinema, it makes a little more sense. Wouldn't it just be easier to change the carpet though rather than completely change where you meet?

I've heard good things about Moore College - I have a few friends over here doing their correspondence courses.

12 December, 2006 00:15  
Blogger Jonny said...

Des went fairly well tonight. He was bumped further up the list from the previous night, and even got paid. He is a professional comedian.

14 December, 2006 00:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home