Sunday, November 12, 2006

R31 Skyline GTS

Today I helped my friend Mark get his Skyline going. It had been on jackstands for a few weeks. We fitted the flywheel, and a new pink! heavy duty clutch. Then the hard bit of putting the gearbox back in, which required me to get under the car and 'bench press' the gearbox up into place. And it rained, which ment I was laying in water, not to mention oil and brake fluid. It got all through my cloths and hair. But we got it going, and with the new turbo it's a fast car. Note the new 17" wheels also.
Vehicle: R31 Skyline GTS coupe, ~1988. Engine: RB20 2 litre 6 cyl. twincam turbo.

We got sideways and I was scared. Then Amanda got us coffee and carrot cake. Ahhhh, what a nice story.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Not very sideways, more like a twitch... I got much more sideways later on.

It seems to be going good and none of the parts I fitted have fallen off yet so I'm pleased

Cheers mate,
Mark

13 November, 2006 12:17  
Blogger mike said...

Is the turbo still stuffed?

14 November, 2006 10:45  
Blogger Jonny said...

Different turbo. One off a VG30 motor (nissan V6).

14 November, 2006 12:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home