Saturday, July 14, 2007

Focus MYC '07

Focus is the Christian group that meet at the Uni of Tas, both in Sandybay and Launceston. This years conference was on "the Sovereignty of God" with most talks given by Sam Green. The Bible was probably our only text, and the general consensus was that God is sovereign. Meaning there is a God that knows the past and future who is in complete control and had previously planned it all. But we also learned that this does not take away our responsibilities or chances to make a decision.

Chris Bowditch and Sam Green go head to head on some big issues. "How many bananas to make a smoothie" at this time if I remember right.

We were generally warmer than I am now at my own house, such were the modern facilities. People drank tea.


There was a bush dance. Lizzie Lange did such a good job I wonder if she is not from Hobart city but rather a regional area further away, in the bush. Chris admitted later his costume was rather homosexual, as the denim jacket with tassels was tailored for a woman.

5 Comments:

Blogger BSJ-rom said...

I am now the proud owner of that tasselled jacket. It is quite hetero.

15 July, 2007 23:48  
Blogger adele said...

Actually I thought the pants were much more stunning, you should have heard the girls scream. You didn't even notice the jacket once you saw the pants. He could sell them on ebay and make a fortune.

There Jonny, I have done it, I have an identity. I don't want to be bagged out for my family blog anymore (the one you want the WORLD to know about!). I step out in faith, knowing that whatever happens, God is sovereign. Lol.

16 July, 2007 17:41  
Blogger BSJ-rom said...

Well, considering I have both (trousers and jacket) now... watch out girls... or ebay.

Can't believe he wanted to get rid of them. The only thing I wasn't up for was the shirt. It was a bit crappy.

Anyway, should save me seven bucks fifty for the next op-shop ball...

18 July, 2007 17:12  
Blogger Jonny said...

OK, it seams I will have to get some of them pants.

18 July, 2007 21:08  
Blogger Michael said...

Hi Jonny

Yes, those pants were a sight to behold. I don't think I have the courage to don a pair though.

(This post is a little old but I just want some publicity :-p)

23 July, 2007 16:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home