Monday, October 20, 2008

Burnie Ten - results

Jerome and myself before the race.


52:02 was my time difference between crossing the start and finish line. Computer says I crossed the line in position 931, but considering my actual time I probably placed 1000th. About 3600 people finished I think, some walked. One person cheated. Another used a electric wheelchair.


Me crossing the line


The run didn't feel very good or especially fast. But I must have pushed myself a bit, because I got a time better than in training, and I am feeling it a bit today. But unlike Jerome, I didn't collapse on the line, which means I should have gone faster. Oh well, there's always next year.



Medallions!

It was a good result, and even better to finish and walk around Burnie and get some lunch and coffee.

6 Comments:

Blogger Cabernet Leather said...

Well done Jonny. Did you see Joel and Kerri up there? How did they go?

21 October, 2008 03:08  
Blogger Jonny said...

Yes. They went OK I guess.

21 October, 2008 10:32  
Blogger Renae said...

Notice how I allowed you to win, so you wouldn't be discouraged? I won't be so kind next year.

I will not forget the look of amusement on your face when I told you my time, which was somewhat slower than yours!

Nevertheless, you did marvelously well.

21 October, 2008 13:33  
Blogger Jonny said...

You could put that on your resume, "generally I allow others to win, because I'm a girl". It could work with some jobs I guess. Your choice.

21 October, 2008 17:34  
Blogger Renae said...

You could put "generally I get beaten by girls" on yours. That could work. Your choice.. ;)

23 October, 2008 02:40  
Blogger Renae said...

Friendly rivalry. Ahem.

23 October, 2008 02:46  

Post a Comment

<< Home