Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Australia


Australia (2008) IMDb. I have a feeling this movie is going to be big. It will be compulsory viewing for me regardless of reviews. I know what your thinking, just because it has Nic. But also Ben Medelsohn, who I had earmarked to play myself in a future autobiography, except he is older. I look down the cast list and laugh, Bill Hunter!, Bryan Brown, Jack Thompson. Someone was trying to make this very Australian. Just keep your eye out for Barry Crocker and Frankie J. Holden in the background.

Nicole and Hugh went on Oprah yesterday. Does anyone like how Hugh Jackman got 30 packets of Tim-Tams into America to share with the Oprah audience? I think someone told me you could buy them in USA.

Opens 26th Nov. Anyone with me?

10 Comments:

Blogger fional said...

You bet. I'm so looking forward to it and so hoping I'll love it and also hoping that all this expectation won't lead to disappointment. I read that Nicole accepted the gig because it was at last a film in the order of Gone With The Wind (and something else on a grand scale, probably Ben Hur). I've been loving epic, ballad-ic dramas lately. Ooooh it's going to be good.

12 November, 2008 20:21  
Blogger BSJ-rom said...

Hmmm, could be very educational... do I let my inner geek out? Or do I put it down to patriotism?

We'll see - but keep me posted.

12 November, 2008 20:35  
Blogger The Borg said...

I'm pumped for Australia.

13 November, 2008 15:11  
Blogger Unknown said...

I wonder how many aborigines there will be in the movie...

15 November, 2008 06:35  
Blogger Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

I am VERY with you!! Can't help myself.

17 November, 2008 16:26  
Blogger Renae said...

It's going to be big based mostly on the name.. if you call a movie Australia, you're simultaneously suggesting that it provides some sort of representation of Australia. Which is a huge call! To say that a movie can represent our country. It's like The Drover's Wife - that story that some unknown guy wrote, then was rewritten by Henry Lawson, then more and more Australian writers rewrote it up until the present day - trying to capture something of what it means to be Australian. I studied literature if you can't tell! And I think this movie will be studied in universities for sure. Whether it's good or bad will be irrelevant, cos just that name says it all - it's making a huge claim.. and will go down in history for it. Australian history anyway.

22 November, 2008 15:38  
Blogger Jonny said...

Well, there has been much hype about the movie since I first mentioned this. And it is now the 26th. Anyone still keen? I am guessing it will be booked out tomight.

26 November, 2008 08:44  
Blogger Justin said...

I know exactly where to get Tim Tam's in NYC.

02 December, 2008 12:24  
Blogger Renae said...

Review, review! If you write one, I'll comment on it..

03 December, 2008 18:35  
Blogger BSJ-rom said...

Come on mate... Australia is now old news... keep this blog moving.

14 December, 2008 22:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home