Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I'm on YouTube!

Vehicle: Mitsubishi Galant VR-4, 2 litre turbo, 4WD, 4WS, standard road car.

Lap times: about 68 seconds

Entry speed: ~ 180km/h

Brake lights on at 100 meters.

Vehicle does not seam to slow down, due to overheated brakes.

I turn towards the apex, but the heavy car has too much speed.

In my defence, famous race engineer Carrol Smith once told off his driver for not crashing when his brakes failed. He saw this as evidence that the driver was not driving at ten tenths.

But the owner of this car may have appreciated some room for error.

2 Comments:

Blogger Astrid said...

very funny. you have a good web presence now with a blog, writing 4 wiki and now u tube

31 July, 2008 20:58  
Blogger Jonny said...

It was a while ago now, but not funny. I honestly thought I may die, and I expected to break a limb. The tyre wall saved me.

01 August, 2008 00:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home