Friday, August 29, 2008

Tarmac


Tarmac road racing (or rally) has received an increase in attention over the last ten years, and Tasmania is definitely not left out. It probably started with Targa Tasmania, with similar tarmac events now in each state and New Zealand. Also, there is a great new magazine out simply called "Tarmac" which includes some articles from Tasmania as the first issue was timed with the 2008 Targa Tasmania. There are other events also, like the "Rally Tasmania" and "Tarmac Challenge" both based around Burnie. The big news is that the "Tarmac Challenge" this year will be part of the ARC (Australian Rally Championship). It will be a rare chance to see the gravel rally hero's in a lowered car with slicks, still in serious competition mode.


Of course I am itching to enter something myself. I sit here counting my coin, assess my equipment and good will I have with potential sponsors.


My AE86 Corolla Levin "racecar". The roll cage is now half done.



I have selected an event! Australia's premier 10km road race, set in the streets of Burnie. The Skilled Burnie Ten. There is still some white space available, so sponsors should get in quick!

6 Comments:

Blogger Alexander said...

I'll give you $10 if you don't crash. How's the Mill going?

30 August, 2008 16:34  
Blogger Stuart T. Rochester said...

I'll sponsor you for 10c per km.

02 September, 2008 02:59  
Blogger Jonny said...

The Pulp Mill is going just fine thanks, only about 2 billion $ to go.

The man at Footlocker ripped me off so I may have to sell a car part.

02 September, 2008 13:00  
Blogger Axel and Manny said...

your car looks like its the lightest one there ;)

02 September, 2008 20:59  
Blogger Alexander said...

Try to keep the engine. Is that a part?

So that $100 is looking pretty safe then?

05 September, 2008 00:56  
Blogger Adrian Evans said...

Initial D all the way dude.

06 February, 2009 14:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home