Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Australia - review


Um, it was OK. But I went in knowing it had bad reviews. The movie set looked great. I nearly cried a few times, despite it having the worst story of any movie I had seen in a long time. 2 stars.

You can't write a critical review of this movie, because the story and character development is just so bad you don't know where to start. The actors are a little wasted, David Wenham probably comes out best. But we have to grin and accept that it was mildly entertaining for the long 2 hours or so it went for.

There had been some objection (from people living in colder climates not comfortable with their own bodies) to Hugh Jackman taking off his shirt. Well consider this. The story is set in Darwin. Look up the weather forecast for Darwin today, and tell me that without A/C you would keep your shirt on.

And as for Nicole's tight skin, that demands a whole website in itself.

3 Comments:

Blogger BSJ-rom said...

Nicole was annoying for the first half. My contacts were giving me grief, hence plenty of tears. And... it was long, it could have been split nicely into two movies. The plot was far fetched and oh-so-unlikely. But on the flipside, it looked cool (except for our darling Nicole's glasses at the start of the flick when she's first driving out to the station), and, it also kept me pretty well entertained for the duration, and had me leaving the cinema with a smile.

24 December, 2008 23:36  
Blogger Renae said...

That made me laugh a lot. Nice work.

Tears? I didn't notice you OR Jerome crying, and can't for the life of me remember any part of the movie that was sad! I'm sure it was in there.

And why would Hugh Jackman take his shirt off? Is that even a question?

10 January, 2009 21:44  
Blogger Adrian Evans said...

G'day mate and cobber.

04 February, 2009 20:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home