Saturday, December 27, 2008

Bike

Lets just pretend I swapped my Commodore for a bicycle. That is the end of my story.

Frame: 2008 Azzurri Torino, aluminium
Forks: Azzurri, carbon fibre
Groupset: 2008 Shimano Tiagra everything
Wheels: Shimano WH-R500
Seatpost: FSA carbon
Seat: Velo 1133
Bars and stem: FSA alloy
Pedals: PD-R540
Shoes: SH-R085
Computer: Cateye Velo 8
In all a basic setup a professional wouldn't touch. But I think it works very well. 9-speed on the rear shifts very quick and is enough gears for me. "Compact" cranks gives the smaller front ring I need as a novice in Hobart. The seat is my third one already.
The main problems are; Hobart roads are too rough, especially on the edges. And not many bicycle lanes are painted on the roads. David Bartlet has a plan to fix this.
Motorists: please remove your bull bars, external aerials and roof racks when not in use.

2 Comments:

Blogger BSJ-rom said...

What is it with you and wheels? They seem to bring out the geek in you!

28 December, 2008 17:40  
Blogger Axel and Manny said...

welcome to the family!! :-)

31 December, 2008 15:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home