Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The morning fog


So I drive 50km to get to the car that won't go that I am meant to fix. Soon after arriving I find the owner has also lost the remote, and I can't touch the car or the alarm will go off. Two problems. He searches high and low for the remote. I offer some direction, "it's in your other pants, which are in the wash." Sure enough the remote was found broken in the washing machine and after some stuffing around it was still stuffed. After only short discussion, I am given the go-ahead to remove the whole alarm system. The car was unlocked, I had the key, the bonnet was open, but I knew that as soon as the alarm was touched or key turned the siren would go off, maybe for a whole day unless we smashed it with a hammer (it has it's own battery). Of course I had time, tools, the birds chirping (peace and serenity) and was able to remove the alarm without it going off and restored the car to it's normal state. How hard would it have been if I hadn't had the key and daylight? Don't worry, it would have been very hard. Immobilizers are probably effective, unless someone wanted to use a tilt tray truck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home